Saturday, December 29, 2007

Access or Abuse

Society abhors child abuse yet in Canada it`s sanctioned and supported on a wide spread scale, see link below.
My children were constantly abused physically and mentally. The first time they told me they were slapped to the ground simply for asking to see me I reported it to the police and spent the night in jail.
The next two times it was reported to the police with no encouragement from me. When the police failed to take action and it happened again I suggested to the children they try the childrens help line. This took the complaint to the Ministry of children and Family where they hide the complaint from the police. Eventually they started running away but were always returned to the abuser and punished for telling. I decided that the only way to end the abuse was for me to leave, so they wouldn`t be asking to see me. After a few years I came back in the hopes the situation had changed, nope.
You won`t believe the chain of events that cascaded from my return, precipitated by the justice industry, it`ll be in the book.
Here a recent study on child abuse.
So much for the governments claim that `only a few children slip through the cracks`.

Canadian
Incidence Study
of Reported Child
Abuse and Neglect

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/cissr-ecirc/pdf/cmic_e.pdf
page 20
40% of investigated families were
female-parent families (discussed in
chapter 7 of the CIS Final Report).
http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/cm-vee/csca-ecve/pdf/childabuse_final_e.pdf
page 51
30% of physical abuse victims
were living in lone female-parent
families (see Table 7-1).
page 52
42% of cases of substantiated
neglect involved lone female-parent
families

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home